Hairstroke Brows – are you suitable?
Hairstroke Brows is permanent makeup technique (cosmetic tattoo) that creates fake hairs (strokes) in order to mimic your own eyebrow hairs.
This creates a soft, feathery and natural look and is achieved by ‘stroking’ the needle through the skin to create fine lines (fake “hairs”). A digital cosmetic tattoo machine with super fine needle is used to implant the pigment in the skin. This is not the manual blade technique (microblading). Machine method is less invasive for your skin, can last longer than microblading and is better suited to a wider variety of skin types.
This innovative technique is more natural looking than a solid fill. It’s a 2-part process as a touch up appointment will be required 8 weeks after your first appointment. Cost R1700 (first appointment) + R800 (touch up appointment). Lasts approximately 3 years. NOTE: This period is only a guideline and can differ vastly from person to person, depending on several factors such as skin type, lifestyle, etc.
It is important to remember that no two sides of the face are identical. A universally used phrase in permanent makeup is that brows are sisters and not twins.
If you’d like to, come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them and bring your eyebrow pencil with you (optional).
Before the appointment
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine prior to the procedure, this will minimize any oozing or swelling after the procedure.
- Do not have a very tanned or sun burnt face when you come for your appointment. Tanned skin bleeds and therefore pigment will not take and will look blurred. Ideally avoid the sun for 30 days before the appointment and 30 days after the appointment.
- Getting a procedure while on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive.
- If there is any irritation or blemishes of any kind in or around the treatment area (e.g. pimples, active cold sores, general irritation of the skin, moles or other skin imperfections) the procedure cannot be performed until the blemish or area of concern is gone or the mole is removed and healed.
- You must be OFF all Retinols/Retina-A 30 days prior to appt. If not the area will bleed and pigment will not heal properly. If you resume the retinols, your brows WILL fade quickly due to the chemicals in the creams. Avoid using on or around the area for 30 days after the appointment.
- Botox should be performed 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after the procedure.
- You have to be off Accutane for 1 year.
- If you have oily skin, your results WILL appear softer (eyebrows can look solid) in appearance and may require additional procedures.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine.
You are not a suitable candidate for permanent makeup/hairstroke brows if:
- Permanent makeup will not be performed if you are pregnant or nursing.
- If you bleach your eyebrows, it is not recommended to have this procedure done. The chemicals WILL bleach the hair & the pigment as well.
- If you are knowingly under the influence of drugs or any mood altering drugs/medications (i.e. Prozac, Xanex, Valium or there-like). If you take legally prescribed medications, take them after your procedure – you need to be in a clear state of mind.
- No chemical peels 60 days prior and must wait 60 days after (avoiding the forehead is recommended).
- As above, if there is any irritation or blemishes of any kind in or around the treatment area.
- You are not a good candidate if you have large pores or Oily/Severely Oily Skin – your results WILL appear softer/solid looking.
- Laser Removal: If you have undergone laser removal of the eyebrows it means you have more scar tissue in that area. There is a chance that the pigment won’t take at all. The old pigment must be 100% removed. Once removed, a consultation will be booked to assess whether or not you can have the Hair Stroke brows procedure.
- Peels: If you do frequent peels, you are not as suitable candidate as the brows will fade quicker due to the chemicals moving under your skin.
- If you have a sun burnt/very tanned face. Pigments will heal darker and tanned skin bleeds and therefore pigment will not take and will look blurred. Ideally avoid the sun for 30 days before the appointment and 30 days after the appointment.
- Clients with darker skin (Indian, African, etc.) must be aware that the Hair Strokes WILL NOT appear as defined or as dark as it appears on lighter skin types, due to the skin colour already being naturally darker and there is less of a contrast between the strokes and the background skin tone.