While aftercare may seem quite daunting, it’s really easy! These are just a few tips and tricks to help you along the way.
- Do not wet them for 8 hours after your application
- No saunas/steam rooms (excessive heat/moisture could affect retention)
- No pulling, tugging, playing with your lashes.
- Brush daily (disposable mascara brush will be provided)
- Avoid prolonged exposure to tears/salt water, which will degrade the adhesive bond
- Avoid products with oil – e.g. a rich eye cream and milky/creamy cleansers.
- Use an OIL-FREE foaming face cleanser DAILY and wash lashes thoroughly. I can explain the technique further in person. It is a myth that they should not be wet – failure to wash daily could attract eyelash mites and infections. Remember though to NOT wet them after a fill, wait 8 hours
- Do not use cotton wipes, pads, towels or anything containing lint/fluff on the lashes – they will hook
- When drying your face do not rub instead blot your face and apply a gentle pressure to your closed eyes then allow the extensions to dry naturally. Don’t try to dry them with the towel or hair dryer
- Everyone loses an average of 4 lashes per eye, per day. Often you could experience a fallout phase and you can expect more. Remember, the following factors affect lash retention: oily skin type, heavy use of makeup (removal process pops lashes off), picking, rough sleeping, allergies, eye rubbing
• Avoid all waterproof eye makeup products. These are too difficult to get off and you will end up rubbing your lashes too much
• If you do feel the need to apply mascara, apply to the tips only and use a water-based (NOT oil-based) mascara
• Use an oil-free make-up remover and a lint-free cloth to remove make-up
• Do not use an eyelash curler